Curbstone.net: privacy statement
Curbstone n.v./s.a., hereinafter referred to as Curbstone, with its registered office at Trierstraat 84, 1040 Brussels and company number BE0641.659.651, attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and is acting in this instance as the data controller of personal information which you provide to Curbstone via this website.
In certain sections of the website you are asked to enter personal information such as your name, email address and address details. Other data regarding your web-browsing behaviour may also be registered without your authorisation (e.g. cookies, web browser type and operating system type). When you visit our website, you give Curbstone permission to process this data for the purposes mentioned below, in accordance with this statement and the applicable statutory requirements (pursuant to the Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data).
You warrant that the data you disclose to Curbstone is your personal data, or that you have the explicit consent to use and disclose it to Curbstone. Curbstone shall not be liable for any consequences of providing inaccurate data.
Why does Curbstone process your data?
Curbstone may use the personal or business data provided by you for various purposes.
- We use your personal data for customer management purposes, for instance
to allow you to book Curbstone events or to be able to respond to your questions.
- If you have given your permission thereto, we may also use your personal data for direct marketing purposes by contacting you via email, phone, post, etc. with newsletters containing information about Curbstone and Curbstone partners and specific communication relating to Curbstone events you subscribed to.
- Your personal data may also be used for marketing purposes, statistical research and to better tailor our products and services to suit your needs.
To whom may Curbstone disclose your personal data?
- Curbstone may transfer the personal or business data provided by you to itscorporate group (SRO Motorsport Group and Royal Automobile Club of Belgium).
- Curbstone may also pass on your data to third parties in the event of a legal
obligation or a request by the police or judicial authorities, or if you have agreed to this.
- Curbstone may place cookies on your computer’s hard drive to send or facilitate communication via an electronic communication network. For instance, cookies are used to remember your choice of language for your next visit, or to fill in forms faster with previously entered data.
- You can change your browser settings to reject cookies. Cookies are used to make your visit to our website more user-friendly. Even without cookies, you will be able to use the website without encountering problems.
What are your rights?
- You have the right to request to inspect and correct your personal data. You have the right to object free of charge to the further processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can do so by sending a written request, with a copy of both sides of your ID card, to Curbstone: by post to the above address or by email to email@example.com.
- The Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy, Rue Haute 139, 1000 Brussels, maintains a public register of the automated processing of personal data. You may consult this register at any time if you require additional information relating to the way in which Curbstone processes data.